Monday, May 14, 2012

To Health: 3 Day Fruit Flush - Day 1

As I am continuing on my journey to be a healthier person, I was finally able to begin the 3 Day Fruit Detox that I mentioned in an earlier post

[source]

The basis of this detox is this:
  • Day : 5 high protein drinks throughout the day with veggies and meat for dinner
  • Days 2-3: 5 servings of fruit followed throughout the day with veggies and a protein shake for dinner
It is simple enough for me to follow and I get to eat tons of fruit, so I decided to go for it.  I have definitely pigged out over the past several weeks and so my body deserves a break.  WebMD did a write up on the program if your looking for another perspective, but it's the Total Beauty blogger's results that peaked my interest.

I'm not going to say that I followed the detox perfectly, but neither did the other blogger.  Here is how I felt throughout Day 1.



9 AM – My first meeting of the day and my first protein drink.  I don’t sip during the meeting as I’m not sure what it will taste like yet, but I am starting to get very hungry as I had not eaten since 5 PM the day before… After the meeting I return to my desk and take the first gulps.  It’s not bad, but it’s not great.  It’s somewhat like chocolate milk or a chocolate drink mix, so that helps. 

11 AM – I’m starting to get into my groove for the day and it’s time for my second smoothie.  I did a little less protein this time, just in case I over did it the first time (SN – I’m mixing a small batch for each serving and not making one big batch as is recommended by the book).  I’m just trying to drink it down as fast as I can.

1 PM – I spent part of my lunch hour searching the cafĂ© for some fruits or veggies to snack on, but outside of a salad and yogurt, I didn’t really have any options.  I could have paid $0.89 for a piece of fruit, but I felt that was highway robbery.  I did start to feel less hungry as I drank my water during the past hour, but I still kind of wanted a backup plan in case I start to feel woozy.  However, I didn’t find anything with enough sugars to make me feel good about eating it, so I didn’t buy anything.  I did however eat 2 pretzels when I returned to my desk and I’m day dreaming about the veggies and meat I’ll have for dinner tonight.  Yum!

3 PM – I made it through 2 pm without feeling hungry and now I’m starving for some reason.  I may have to resort to the pretzels again… but I am really feeling hungry.  I just mixed my protein with a decent amount of protein this time, but I am starting to feel amazingly hungry.  I cannot wait for dinnertime!  I can practically taste the steak salad I’m going to eat.  Yum! 

3:49 PM – Quick update: If nothing else, I know my bladder is thoroughly cleansed.  I have gone #1 more times than I have ever cared to today. 

4:43 PM – I am so ready for my last protein drink of the day so I can have some food!  I’m drinking my water and my hunger just comes and goes so it hasn’t been that bad, but I’m starting to crave a few more pretzels.  I think I’ll have to sneak around 2 more…

5:12 PM – Chugging the last protein drink of the day and I’m not sure if I’ll be able to finish before rushing to the bathroom.  Actually, I’m not going to finish before going, be right back.  Ok, the drink is helping to subside my hunger somewhat, but I am still starving.  I am definitely not waiting until 7 PM to eat dinner.  I’m finishing up one last thing at work and then I’ll be on my way to some real food. 

5:58 PM - I rushed home to make my food as quickly as possible because I felt I would throw up if I didn't.  I am super full of water and I can't stop peeing.  I only had to warm up some meat and I threw my salad in a bowl and topped it with a little olive oil.  The food is delish!  I did cheat and eat a little fried rice with it...  I don't drink anything with dinner and I promptly retire to the bathroom to release more toxins.  Afterwards I'm feeling exhausted and so I sleep.  

9:30 PM - I'm awake and feeling pretty good (and bad because I slept through a meeting I had at 8).  I'm not hungry, but I am very thirsty.  I'm going to go drink some more water, eat a few carrots, cut up my fruit for tomorrow, and then go to bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment