Wednesday, April 13, 2011

No Relaxing @ the Pool

[source]
This past Wednesday, I had my box next to me, set up in the room, timer on the clock, and ready to relax my hair.  I then realized that I had a ton of oils in my hair and decided to just shampoo and pull it into a ponytail with headbands.  I was out of town in a professional environment that Thursday and Friday, and I didn't feel too confident with that style.  When I returned home Friday, I was tired, busy Saturday, and swimming on Sunday.

I did research about relaxing and chlorine, and I didn't like what I read.  I'm not used to being in the water regularly, so I didn't know what the rules are, but supposedly the chlorine is chemical enough, so I shouldn't add a relaxer to the mix until I have at least a few weeks out of the water.  We are only on lesson 3 out of 10.  I will have a bit of a break due to my upcoming cruise during the first week of May.  That means, I'll have to spend the entire month in curls!  I'm at the client site Mon-Thurs now, so I don't have the luxury of looking any kind of way during the week anymore.  I will say that maintenance this week has been superb. I did not touch one curl until Friday - which has never happened to me before.  And to add to that, I liked the style more as the week progressed. 

I'm working in the office this week and I'm not sure how I'll maintain.  I need sleep at night, so I can't keep the curls up too much longer.  I'm not sure how much longer I can go without relaxing, but I'll go as long as I can!  The plan is to make it until next week.  Let's see what happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment